The Expedition Skills Module is an optional module available to walking leaders. It’s an opportunity to increase your skills where you will be trained and assessed to lead groups on multi day camping expeditions. The flexibility of the module makes it useful for Lowland Leaders, Hill and Moorland Leaders and Mountain Leaders in terrain and conditions within the scope of their respective leadership award.
The Expedition Skills Module is ideal for those involved with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and/or Ten Tors training (among other things) because the skills covered apply to expeditions using commercial campsites as well as wild camping.
When you register for either the Lowland Leader or Hill and Moorland Leader scheme you’ll automatically be registered for the Expedition Skills Module.
The Expedition Module Training and Assessment costs £120 per person. We are able to provide accommodation on site for both the Expedition Module Training and Assessment, please ask for further information.
• You must have passed a walking leader assessment (Lowland, Hill and Moorland or Mountain)
• You must have logged an absolute minimum of 10 overnight camps; ideally in a variety of contexts
• You must have assissted with at least two group camps (these can be included in your 10 personal camps)
• You must have a valid 16 hour first aid certificate, relevant to your work as a walking leader
• You must be registered for the Expedition Module (this costs £42) on the Mountain Training website.
If you’ve still got any questions or want to talk through this qualification is appropriate for you, or to book please contact Mark Garland directly on 07973 910120 or e-mail email@example.com.